We love making our own homemade burgers, we’ve made experiments galore! Here’s one we particularly enjoyed for you to have a go and explore!
- 2 handfuls of washed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 red pepper washed and chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped mint,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped basil,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped thyme,
- A generous pinch of Maldon salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the spinach, onion, garlic, pepper and some water to blend…
Pulse for a few seconds, this is the kind of mixture your aiming for in the end…
Steam your potatoes and mash until fluffy – oh this part is such fun!
Then add all the herbs and seasonings each and every one!
Pour in now, the spinach, pepper, onion and garlic mixture too;And stir and mash again until the mix is completely green right through! Now add the flour which will make the mixture thicker,
Then create your burgers, perhaps using a press like this will be much quicker! Drizzle the tops with olive oil which will give them that extra crunch…
And bake for 30 minutes one side and 30 minutes on the other and they’ll be soon be ready for your dinner or lunch! 👌
‘Beanato’ – a combination of beans and potato!
– 3-4 steamed potatoes
– Cooked Haricot Beans
– 1 Grated white onion
– Poppy Seeds/Sesame Seeds
– Olive Oil
– Salt/pepper/seasoning of choice
1. Mash potatoes and beans together in a mixing bowl
2. Add grated onion, and seasoning and stir well.
2. Fill burger press and place on a baking sheet.
3. Top with a little olive oil and seeds of choice.
4. Bake in oven until golden crispy on one side, flip burger and repeat number 3.
5. Cook until golden brown and voila!
Salt and Pepper
Here’s a simple recipe that’s colourful and neat
Ladies and gentleman – let’s turn up the Beet!
Soak Butterbeans over night in a large pot
We use our soak and strain bowl we love it a lot!
Then rinse and wash the beans and slowcook in a pan
Or buy ready cooked organic butter beans if you can.
Mash the butter beans and season as you wish,
And put them aside in a small separate dish.
Do the same with the carrots and beetroot too,
Make sure they’re all seasoned and mashed right through.
We used lemon juice, some pepper and salt from the sea,
You might add some cayenne pepper too if you like it spicy.
Mix the beet, beans and carrots together in a bowl and mix,
Add seasoning then blend, stir, taste and repeat to fix.
Then when your mixture is just right fill up your burger press
Which makes thick burger size portions that won’t look a mess!
It works just like a stamp you fill it at the top
Then turn over and press down and out burgers pop!
Press them down onto a greaseproof paper lined tray
Beautiful Pink Bean Beet and carrot burgers HOORAY!
Then place them in the oven on a medium heat
When they are golden and crisp they are ready to eat!
It usually takes about 30 to 40 minutes to make,
Make sure to flip them half way when you bake.