We love making our own homemade burgers, we’ve made experiments galore! Here’s one we particularly enjoyed for you to have a go and explore!
- 2 handfuls of washed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 red pepper washed and chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped mint,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped basil,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped thyme,
- A generous pinch of Maldon salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the spinach, onion, garlic, pepper and some water to blend…
Pulse for a few seconds, this is the kind of mixture your aiming for in the end…
Steam your potatoes and mash until fluffy – oh this part is such fun!
Then add all the herbs and seasonings each and every one!
Pour in now, the spinach, pepper, onion and garlic mixture too;And stir and mash again until the mix is completely green right through! Now add the flour which will make the mixture thicker,
Then create your burgers, perhaps using a press like this will be much quicker! Drizzle the tops with olive oil which will give them that extra crunch…
And bake for 30 minutes one side and 30 minutes on the other and they’ll be soon be ready for your dinner or lunch! 👌