We love making our own homemade burgers, we’ve made experiments galore! Here’s one we particularly enjoyed for you to have a go and explore!
- 2 handfuls of washed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 red pepper washed and chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped mint,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped basil,
- 2-3 tsps dried chopped thyme,
- A generous pinch of Maldon salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the spinach, onion, garlic, pepper and some water to blend…
Pulse for a few seconds, this is the kind of mixture your aiming for in the end…
Steam your potatoes and mash until fluffy – oh this part is such fun!
Then add all the herbs and seasonings each and every one!
Pour in now, the spinach, pepper, onion and garlic mixture too;And stir and mash again until the mix is completely green right through! Now add the flour which will make the mixture thicker,
Then create your burgers, perhaps using a press like this will be much quicker! Drizzle the tops with olive oil which will give them that extra crunch…
And bake for 30 minutes one side and 30 minutes on the other and they’ll be soon be ready for your dinner or lunch! 👌
- 1 large baking potato (or several little potatoes)
- Approximately 6-8 carrots. Though any number would be fine.
- 3 tsp Dried chopped basil
- 1 tbsp Dried chopped mint
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Olive Oil (optional)
- Ice Cream Scoop
Peel, chop and steam your potatoes and carrots until soft. Ours usually take 30 minutes
Place your steamed vegetables in a bowl with mint, basil, sliced garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
Finely dice your red onion…
Mash together and stir in the onion. Do not use a blender the potatoes will become all gluey! Then fill an ice cream scoop with the mixture .
And place the balls on a baking sheet or oven tray.
We added a little olive oil for extra crispness however this is optional. You could omit the added oil if using a non-stick tray.
If you’re placing the balls in a stone pan however it is recommended to use a little oil so the balls do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like them!
These were in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Just until they browned nicely at the edges.
Serve with salad and enjoy!
‘Beanato’ – a combination of beans and potato!
– 3-4 steamed potatoes
– Cooked Haricot Beans
– 1 Grated white onion
– Poppy Seeds/Sesame Seeds
– Olive Oil
– Salt/pepper/seasoning of choice
1. Mash potatoes and beans together in a mixing bowl
2. Add grated onion, and seasoning and stir well.
2. Fill burger press and place on a baking sheet.
3. Top with a little olive oil and seeds of choice.
4. Bake in oven until golden crispy on one side, flip burger and repeat number 3.
5. Cook until golden brown and voila!