You know that feeling when you wake up, open the curtains, the sun is shining, and your mixing bowl just has that shining sparkle that says: it’s a bake-and-make kind of morning!?
This morning was one of those mornings. The great thing about this recipe is that it was completely spontaneous and turned out just right!
The final texture resulted in a hybrid between bread and muffin – a Bruffin? It is therefore perfectly suitable for any time of day.
You can sweeten if you would like to make it more dessert like or the apples when cooked in pieces alone inside the mixture make it a perfect more savoury bread without added sweetner.
- 1 1/2 cup of ground raw buckwheat (or buckwheat flour)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 peeled and diced apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 handful of poppy seeds
- Maple syrup/agave nectar/ sweetner of choice (optional)
1. Preheat your oven.
2. Ground your buckwheat groats or measure out your flour – we blended our buckwheat into flour in our vitamix dry jug…
3.Then measure out your oil
4. Peel and chop one apple (green or red would be fine)
7. Now time to fill up or muffin tray! You could also use muffin cases